IT Systems Administrator
Position now open in Santa Fe!
We are seeking a systems administrator to support operations at our distribution centers in Santa Fe, NM, and Sparks, NV, as well as employees working remotely across the United States.
Come join Bicycle Technologies International (BTI) as a full-time systems administrator supporting our operations in New Mexico and Nevada. Interaction with software developers, sales, administrative, warehouse, and purchasing staff via teleconferencing and on-site is essential in this role.
The position will be based Santa Fe, NM. With over 300 days of sunshine each year, Santa Fe offers ample access to outdoor recreation and culture year-round.
Benefits include paid time off, health and dental premiums covered 100% by BTI, and a 401K funded by BTI at 3%.
Job Duties Summary
- Design, build, and maintain BTI’s server and networking systems
- Perform as head of user support; includes managing user support staff
- Act as information security chief, identifying, prioritizing, and addressing security concerns related to all computer and networking systems
- Provision and purchase new hardware and software, maintain licensing and support plans
- Purchase, prepare, and deploy user workstations and other hardware
- Manage user accounts and permissions across a variety of software platforms
- Work collaboratively with software developers to tune and expand BTI’s software systems
- Respond to incidents reported by customers, staff, and systems monitoring in a timely manner
- Plan and perform installation and performance optimization tasks on Windows, Mac, and Linux computer systems
- Maintain and improve backup systems for desktop and servers
- Coordinate system and software upgrades with software developers and other staff
- Assist with installation and management of high-performance storage and shared computing resources
- Investigate and resolve software and hardware related problems
- Oversee generation of educational material and documentation for users and other IT staff
- Advise computer users on effective use of systems and shared resources
- Other duties as assigned
Work is typically performed in a fast-paced wholesale and shipping environment, supporting systems used by staff and customers. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently sits at a desk, uses a personal computer, telephone, and other standard office equipment. The employee is required to bend, reach, and must have finger dexterity. The employee is required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field OR an equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in related field
- Five years of progressive responsibility in systems administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Must have strong communication skills. Able to resolve difficult problems and identify/install needed software patches as necessary; able to assist in maintaining local and wide-area networks; able to assist in the specification and deployment of new technology software, backups, and systems upgrades. Knowledge of systems administration in both bare-metal and virtualized Windows, Mac, and/or Linux production environments is desired. (Proxmox VE, Hyper-V, and Parallels). Knowledge of Windows Active Directory and Microsoft 365 administration. Strong grasp of computer security concepts.
- Experience administering a heterogeneous environment consisting of Ubuntu Linux, Mac OS, Windows 10, and Windows Server
- Knowledge of high-speed WAN/LAN (10+ Gbps Ethernet)
- Administration of Watchguard Firewalls
- Basic SQL Server administration
- Proxmox VE and Hyper-V virtualization
- Administration of QNAP and/or Synology Network Storage
- Veritas Backup Exec
- Administration of Symantec Enterprise Security
- Administration of Ubiquiti Unifi wireless (WiFi) products
To apply, please email your resumé to email@example.com